Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My 1st Quarter Update for 2010

Hello readers! All two of you! In my true accountant nature, I have gone to quarterly updates. I do apologize for my lack of updates. It's so much harder to update after not posting for a couple of months. The problem is that I do not know where to begin. So much has happened that I can't begin to write it all down without it being a novel.

Katelyn turned one and her party was awesome even though Mama had a horrible case of shingles. And I do mean, HORRIBLE! I'm feeling better and glad that chapter of my life is over. Back to the party, it makes me so happy to know that such a little girl is loved by so many.

Katelyn is growing growing growing. Well, as far as milestones go, not so much physically, which I guess is normal. They do slow down during the 2nd year of their life. My little girl can still wear some 9 month onesies which is absolutely crazy to me.

What can Katelyn do now?
  • Walks like a champ and is getting really good at running.
  • Signs "eat" and "more"
  • She has become quite the parrot. She tries to mimic things we say all the time.
  • Sleeps through the night very inconsistently (not so fun).
  • Likes to put things in something then take them all back out and repeat the process over and over and over.
  • And many more things that for the life of me I can't remember at this exact moment
Last month also marked the first time Katelyn stayed the night at Nana and Papa's house. I was so completely worried because of course I know how many times in one night she can get up. However, she did great and only woke up once but Nana took good care of her. Nana and Papa loved having her, and Mom and Dad can't wait to let them do it again! YAY!

This month we will be doing another first for our family of three. We are going on VACATION! Originally, I wanted to go to Clearwater Beach for a few nights for my 30th birthday. Well, since my birthday is during PEAK season it was going to cost a fortune for just a few nights. So I looked around and for a little bit more money we are able to spend a WEEK on Anna Maria Island. I'm so excited! This will only be our 3rd vacation in the 8 years my husband and I have been together. The 1st time was our wedding/honeymoon in Las Vegas so I'm not sure that even counts! The 2nd time was our last vacation as a couple cruise...haha. Little did we know that I was already pregnant! Looking back I did feel a little queasy on the trip, but I thought it was due to the boat rocking and it could have been...who knows! Yes, 30, I'm turning 30! Who can believe that? Certainly not me. As a kid, 30 was something I never thought I'd get to. Surely I'd be dead by then, right? haha. In all actuality, it really is just a number, and I'm pretty okay with where I am in my life so maybe that's why it isn't a big deal? Sure, I'd like some things to be different. And yeah, I have my days where absolutely EVERYTHING is completely wrong (so irrational, I know). However as I'm approaching the big 3-0, I can't help but think I'm exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I am doing. And how great is that? Now, remind me of this exact blog post when I'm complaining that everything is wrong, wrong, wrong. ;)

This past weekend was Easter and was highlighted by Katelyn's very first Easter egg hunt. She loooved it, of course. She enjoyed picking up the eggs, putting them in her basket, and then throwing them all out of her basket. Haha! We had a great weekend spending time with family and the weather could not have been more perfect.

That's my condensed update on the past couple of months. I'm sure I skipped a lot but it will have to wait until next time!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ha! Quarterly :) Love it! Happy Belated 30th to you, Steph and Happy Belated 1st to K!!