Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2011 Update

I've been so neglectful to this blog. It really would be much easier to do a couple short blogs a week instead of these novels. I need to get with the program! Where do I begin?

Life has been so completely crazy the past 6 months. The biggest news of course is that we are expecting a little boy at the end of August or beginning of September! We are so thrilled. The story of baby #2 starts long before we conceived in December. We actually got pregnant last September with a due date in very early June. Unfortunately, I suffered a miscarriage at a little over 6 weeks in October. It was harder than I ever imagined it could be. Why am I posting about it now? I don't know really. I guess I feel like I can't tell this baby's story without telling the story of the one we lost. I remember feeling alone when it happened and broken, so broken. Come to find out though, several friends had been through the same thing. I know it is SO difficult to talk about, but I wish more women did. So it really goes without saying that we are beyond excited about this precious little boy. Not that I know what to do with a boy, but I can't wait to figure it out! Katelyn doesn't really understand the whole baby brother/sibling concept. She, of course, knows what a baby is and loves her baby dolls. She somewhat gets that there is a baby in Mama's belly, but she really has no idea that come the end of August there will be a real live baby living in her house. Should make for some interesting blogs/photos/videos. haha!

What else? My Dad is officially retired from Disney. He's been suffering some health problems off and on so it was definitely time. My Mom should soon follow. I love that my parents are retiring but wish it were under different circumstances. Such a stressful time, but we will make it through. We always do!

That about sums up the past few months. Katelyn is well into the terrible twos. WOW. I never knew it could be this bad. She really is too smart for her own good. I feel like I can't leave the room for 5 minutes because she will be into something or climbing on something or trying to walk out the front door. I'm not kidding!

Life is busy, crazy, but still fun!

No comments: