Friday, January 16, 2009

5 days and counting...

At my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment on Monday I was informed that a c-section was in order for me. I hadn't even considered that this might happen. The doctor told me that my pelvis is entirely too small for the baby to have any hope of making it out that way. So, I am scheduled to be sliced open on Wednesday (1/21) @ 12 pm. I am hoping that the recovery is not as horrible as I am imagining. I am trying to focus on the fact that I get to meet my daughter on Wednesday. I am beyond excited and pretty scared at the same time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

WOW - it is so near and REAL!

So far everything has been surreal to me...I'm waiting to see when I'll actually realize what's happening to me!!

I'm giddy for you!!! I hope the next few days go smoothly and quickly for you...it must be soooo exciting to know that in just a few days there will be a new addition to your family, an instant life altering event!